20 years of decay and neglect have left this 19th century town hall a wreck .
But all that could change."I remember as a child walking along country lanes to get there to pay our rates." 07:36, 3 APR 2017Get daily updates directly to your inbox+ SubscribeThank you for subscribing! Could not subscribe, try again laterInvalid Email Black and white pictures capture the former Whitefield Town Hall in its 19th century glory coach outlet coupons xm with a couple crossing a small bridge over the lake. But a 20 year planning debacle has taken a terrible toll on Whitefield House. Tucked away off Pinfold Lane, all that is left is the crumbling south facade of the building. Metal fencing surrounds it and trees overhang the red brick ruin. "Outside the entrance, next to the columns, were big ornate bowls full of geraniums. It was a wonderful thing to see." Built in 1805, by Edward Barlow, a nankeen cloth manufacturer when Britain was at war coach outlet atlanta usa with France. He named it "Green Hill" but from 1933 to 1974 it was Whitefield Town Hall. In 1857 Alfred Grundy, a solicitor bought it and renamed it "Underley". It was later owned by Samuel Walker, a Radliffe ironmonger, and chairman of the Radcliffe Urban District Council. In 1933 it was purchased coach outlet auburn by Whitefield council from George Stonestreet for Arsonists and vandals, as well as planning bureaucracy, have taken their toll on the property After local government re organisation in 1974 it became Bury council's engineering department HQ until 1985. In July 1996 two appliactions were submitted for change of use from offices to residential use, and for a nursing home. In March 1997 approval was granted for a 24 bed nursing home and day centre but the developers later went out of business. The building was then acquired by local solicitor, Stephen Latimer, and Dr Kumar Kotegaonkar.
Planning permission was granted for new nursing home plans and in 2004 the coach outlet locations quiznos new owners made a start on site after being given the go ahead to demolish the building. But Bury council then changed the status of the property and its location to a conservation area and ordered the demolition to cease. But arsonists and vandals as well as planning bureaucracy have taken their toll on the property, which is now wrecked.
Prev: coach factory website
Next: coach outlet aurora il phone number