anger as residents flee Fitzroy flat blaze A spokeswoman for the minister later said a report showed the alarms were working on March 1.
Mr Foley said the evacuation proceeded according to protocols but some coach outlet purses kipling people were "missed" at the top of the building. But two residents of the sixth floor where the department said there had been damage to the electrical wiring said alarms did not go off on their coach outlet bags floor. Hassan Yagob, who lives with his wife and four children, including a newborn, said he was alerted to the fire after hearing yelling, but not alarm went off. "No alarm, nothing," Mr Yagob said. He grabbed his wife and children and escaped with them down the stairs along with an elderly neighbour as thick smoke filled their floor. "I'm lucky I'm still alive," he said. Lin, who did not want to use her surname, said the alarm went off inside her apartment when she opened her door and let smoke in, but it was not operating in the corridor. "There should be an alarm on our floor and in our home," she said. Sisters Sabuhaand Paula Dzaferovskilive on the 14th floor and say they could hear an alarm coming from the ground floor, but none went off inside their apartment. They said they thought it was a false alarm at first until they smelt smoke. "We literally had to wet towels and put them over our mouths," PaulaDzaferovski said. "If all the alarms went off the individual alarms everyone would'veopened their doors and gone 'OK, there's smoke, we've got to get out' instead of wait until the last minute. "There could've been a situation where there's no way you would've made it down the stairs, there was too much smoke. You would've been stuck up there." Hoda Omar, who lives on the seventh floor with her three young children, said the alarms did not go off on her floor either and she was alerted to the fire by the smell of coach outlet atlanta zombie gas and smoke. Another resident, BrandonSahnkovich, said fire drillshad taken place in the past, but were ignored bysome residents. A department spokesman said mandatory inspections of the firefighting systems are undertaken monthly and the last inspection was on March 1. "All apartments are fitted with sprinklers and fire alarms, which the Melbourne Fire Brigade has advised worked as expected during this fire," he said. Mr Foley saidone firefighter removed his breathing apparatus and gave it to a pregnant woman on level 10.
The firefighter was then hospitalised for smoke inhalation. "I think this reflects the best traditions of what our first responders and fire fighters coach outlet purses vittorio are well regarded for in our community," Mr Foley said. Twomen with smoke inhalation were taken to Royal Melbourne and St Vincent's Hospitalin a stable condition, while two women with existing medical conditions were taken to St Vincent's Hospital in a stable condition.
Prev: coach outlet purses kenneth
Next: coach outlet locations benign