A history of Parr From St Helens Star Many of the words for food come from Norman French, but the names for the animals that provide them, (looked after by the servants) coach outlet coupons q-tips are invariably Anglo Saxon in origin.
Laffak means law oak and linking this with Broad Oak suggests these areas were a meeting place of the Saxons. It was the Halsall family who later changed their name to Parr. They held one eighth of the manor in Laffak. Sometime before 1193, Laffak cheap coach handbags outlet was granted to the Knights Hospitallers, who looked after the Knights fighting in the Crusades. Laffak was sold on the instructions of Queen Elizabeth 1 and was ultimately acquired by the Tyldesley family. William of Parr was an outlaw (for murder) and a mercenary with a small estate in Laffak. He joined John of Gaunt's forces in Gascony, and seems to have been pardoned. In 1382 he married Elizabeth de Ros, heiress to Kendal Castle, thus starting a branch of the Parr family in Kendal, from whom Queen Katherine Parr was descended. In 1559 John Byrom, who inherited the Byrom estate, married Margaret, widow of Thomas Parr. He acquired much of the Parr inheritance and Parr Hall became the chief seat of the Byroms. Parr Hall lay north west of the road to Ashton, roughly near Frodsham Drive and Parbold Avenue in the Chain Lane area. Some local legends suggests there was a religious order on the site before Parr Hall was built. Separate folklore has it that there was a Roundhead garrison based somewhere in Parr. The land was rural and there was plenty of warning for the child lookouts if troops were heading through St Helens and up Croppers Hill towards Scholes, when masses were being held. She noted the Sankey Navigation was being cut and sunk pits and had coal ready for sale even before the canal reached her estate. Clayton Square, outside Lime Street, owes its name to that family. Henry Berry was brought up in Parr. coach america outlet He was the engineer of the Sankey Canal. The family owned land in Parr near Fleet Lane, authentic coach handbags and probably their family name is the cause of Berry's Lane.
When Sarah Clayton became bankrupt, James Orrell of Blackbrook House acquired the Parr Hall estate in 1791. Chancery Lane indicates the property once belonged to the Chancery Court. Thomas Greenall was born in 1733.
Prev: coach outlet stores ohio
Next: coach outlet stores vero beach